Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Lots of good stuff coming, I promise!

Oh, I didn't mean to get this far behind on the blog, and I'm too busy with dissertation stuff right now to do a real update - but I haven't forgotten it! There's lots to tell. My husband came to visit for a week, so I have many stories, including:
- A trip to Xochimilco, which is a canal town on the edge of the D.F., where we rode in a Mexican gondola (What's the difference between Mexican and Italian gondolas? Hint: it's in the color scheme).
- A day at Chapultepec, the huge park, with a visit to a modern art museum, a castle, a zoo, and a lake where I'm pretty sure I spotted a crane.
- Independence Day! Complete with the traditional Grito de Dolores, fireworks, and a military parade. The military brought eagles, which was probably the high point of the event for me.
- A street food tour
- Me running away from a squirrel
- And much, much more! All that coming as soon as I get a handle on my dissertation work.

No comments:

Post a Comment